Bob Rosen, in â€œGrounded: How Leaders Stay Rooted in an Uncertain Worldâ€, shares a six-step formula by which healthy leaders can create healthy organizations. These organizations are recognizable by their
- Great market reputation
- Outstanding shareholder value
- Consistent profitable growth
- Renowned as a talent magnet and/or
- Having a positive societal impact.
To create a â€œhealthyâ€ organization, the leader should:
- Tap Into the higher purpose that each person can achieve by awakening passions and sense of meaning
- Forge a shared direction by painting a compelling future and enlisting peopleâ€™s commitment
- Foster productive relationships by modeling and teaching authenticity, connectivity and reciprocity
- Challenge staff to unleash their creative potential
- Seize new opportunities by embracing uncertainty and cultivating optimism, curiosity and learning
- Drive high performance by creating a culture of excellence and accountability.
To achieve such an organization, starts with being a healthy leader. This means being in touch with our
senses, thoughts, feelings and actions, and making sure they work together to provide:
- Clarity when perceiving self and others
- A flexible and open mindset,
- Accepting of positive and negative emotions
- Acting in ways consistent with achieving oneâ€™s goals.
How well are you doing in becoming such a leader and producing a top-functioning organization? Share your thoughts and experiences.