When I interview candidate CEOs about their three most significant challenges for future growth, one of the answers usually is “finding and keeping top talent”. Studies show that recruitment is easiest for companies with engaged employees, especially since they often identify talent and make referrals. That’s why Vistage has several experts who share their insights and strategies with our members on:
- How to hire the best people and then keeping them and
- How to develop effective cultures that keep employees engaged.
Our Interview discussion then turns to how well the CEO’s organization is doing.
The Gallup Organization recently surveyed a number of organizations with six questions which asked employees about conditions at their companies. Here are the questions. Ask yourself what the results may be for your organization Then check that against what Gallup found in its survey.
What percentage of your employees strongly agree that:
- Their leaders have a clear direction for their organization?
- Their organization always delivers on its promises to customers?
- Their organization does a great job of onboarding new employees?
- The performance reviews they receive inspire them to perform?
- They are sometimes, very often or always burned out at work?
- They are searching for new jobs or watching for new opportunities?
Got your numbers? Good. Now compare to what Gallup found:
- 22% agree that the leader s have a clear direction
- 26% believe the organization always delivers onb its promise to customers
- 12% believe their organizations do a great job of onboarding
- 14% believe performance reviews inspire them to improve
- 67% report they are sometimes, very often or always burned out at work
- 51% say they are searching or watching for new opportunities (and 47% say now is a good time to find a new quality job!)
What are you going to do about it? Share with us what you’re doing in 2019!
Note: If you’re a CEO of a committed to growth and live in the NY region, we offer you the opportunity to experience Vistage’s 4-part service ecosystem (which enables members to grow 2-3X faster than competitors (D&B studies)). If you live elsewhere, let us know you want an introduction to a local Vistage Chair, so you, too, can explore the opportunities. Contact Jerry.Cahn@vistage.com.