In 2000, Presentation Excellence was founded to continue meeting the needs of executives to produce winning presentations, who had been served through Brilliant Image. (After 15 years and serving 5000+ very demanding clients with 24/7 services, we sold it to a rollup.) After helping executives design and deliver winning presentations, many clients asked us to provide additional services, based on our expertise with their company issues and many skill sets. As a “trusted advisor”, we began providing leader development coaching, public/investor relations, corporate communications, business development, and organization development. We facilitated executive team off-sites to focus on future strategies and culture/value clarification (we call the Strategic Leadership Advances – not management retreats), increased our public speaking activities, and helped a client negotiate a solution to a contract problem with a Fortune 500 firm. At the end of the negotiation, the head of the Fortune firm suggested we change our name to reflect the service capabilities we offered beyond just presentation training. That led to the formation of the Presentation Excellence Group to house the teams and “brands” working on different issues, and provide everyone with access to others for increased creativity, synergy and innovation.
Our chairman, Jerry Cahn, Ph.D., J.D., is an experienced mentor, coach and consultant to C-level leaders who value his leader and business development expertise, his ability to inspire and mobilize people, and use accountability systems to ensure goal achievement.
Consistent with his personal mission – to unleash people’s and companies’ potential for growth by advancing strengths and eliminating or reducing restraints – he builds brands and teams focused on meeting different client needs. For instance:
- Vistage New York (part of Vistage International) provides mentoring for CEOs and owners to become even better leaders with superior, industry dominating results.
- Commanding Strategies helps company executive teams to identify its core cultural values, strategic priorities and leader development focus (often through off-site Strategic Leadership Advances).
- Eval2Win helps companies develop a management system that drives cultural alignment, superior individual/ team strategic performance and NextGen leaders.
- Presentation Excellence is the leading training/coaching firm enabling C-level, sales, marketing, and investor-service executives to design and deliver winning presentations. It leverages Dr. Cahn’s experience with over 5000 executives.
- Executive Breakfast Club offers NY area executives a forum to discuss how economic, political, social, technological and other trends affect their lives.
- Mentor Our Kids helps forward-looking companies create cost-effective sustainable mentoring internship programs with high ROI for company, mentors and interns.
An attorney and psychologist, Dr. Cahn enjoys empowering people to build businesses and growth successfully. Prior to founding the Presentation Excellence Group, he worked in the private, public and non-profit sectors. He was a consultant for the NYC Police and Fire Departments, supervised research and evaluation for Planned Parenthood NYC and then left for Capitol Hill to write health and environmental legislation. Believing in the power of innovative programs, he left for the private sector to develop programs to help large companies control health costs and accepted a challenge to turn around a public health company, which resulted in a 10-fold stock price increase in 18 months.
At that point, he unleashed his own entrepreneurial energies as CEO of Brilliant Image, a leading presentation graphics firm that helped over 5000 business executives, investment bankers, VCs, and others to produce winning investor, sales, marketing and corporate presentations. After selling the company to a roll-up, he co-founded PortfolioPR and Target 3 Communications, integrated Investor/Public Relations firms that worked with public companies to clarify brand value, and communicate it effectively to customers, investors and media for increased sales and shareholder participation.
Dr. Cahn is an inspiring, results-driven teacher and public speaker. He teaches management courses (e.g., strategy, leadership and negotiations) for City University of New York (CUNY). During the summer of 2014, he served as a Visiting Professor for the University of Shanghai, teaching entrepreneurship. He conducts workshops for Vistage groups, corporations and associations on a variety of topics. Through Better Way Workshops and Webinars, he also provides webinars for other executives seeking “better ways” to do things. See current schedule of free programs.)
We’re currently developing new programs to meet the needs of additional markets. Stay tuned. And let us know how we can help you!